Opportunity Code: LEA10009
Closing Date to Apply: -
Purpose: To support Adult Education tutors to ensure learners are able to develop to the best of their potential. Volunteers will work alongside staff to ensure the needs of learners can be met effectively.
• Support individuals and groups of learners to develop skills
• Motivate and engage with learners to improve and promote learner confidence
• Encourage learners to understand and take responsibility for their own learning
• Promote an inclusive learning environment
• Become familiar with the aims and objectives of the learning programme
• Understand the nature and boundaries of learner support role, taking into account professional and ethical considerations
Time needed from Volunteer:
Classes run during term time, with a varied timetable. Unfortunately lessons are planned to meet the requirements of learners, and we may not be able to guarantee an opportunity which would match your availability.
Skills Experience & Qualifications:
You must understand the requirements of learning programmes, and an understanding of how to promote learning and progression. You will also have a good standard of Maths, English and IT skills to support others effectively. Knowledge of teaching, learning and assessment theory and practice would be an advantage but not essential as training will be given.
[Back to Summary] [Apply for this opportunity]