Opportunity Code: VH104-10103
Closing Date to Apply: -
Purpose: As a member of the Maintenance team your DIY skills will play an integral part of this local organisations future by maintaining and securing the structure of the Fort. The projects which you will be involved with will be incredibly varied and there are plenty of opportunities to gain additional skills. Some days you will be working alongside a team and on other days you could be working independently.
Working hours: As agreed with the volunteer supervisor but a regular volunteering pattern of a certain number of hours per day / week / month would be expected to allow tasks and activities to be scheduled and delivered.
- Painting and decorating.
- Basic carpentry, plumbing or building works.
- Maintaining structures, buildings and facilities across the site.
- Carrying out minor repairs across the site
- Maintaining the secure boundaries around the site.
Time needed from Volunteer:
Flexible around organisations opening hours - to be discussed at informal meeting.
Skills Experience & Qualifications:
You will need to be able to:
- Follow Health and Safety guidance and use equipment in accordance with any guideline or manufacturers guidance.
- Ensure that any tools that have been supplied by the organisation are returned in a similar condition to how they were supplied.
- Advise the Volunteer Supervisor of any damaged equipment.
- Ensure that Health and Safety of organisations visitors, volunteers or staff is not compromised in any way.
- Liaise with the Volunteer Supervisor regarding any incidents that may occur throughout the day.
Should you have a specific skill please discuss this with the Volunteer Supervisor (i.e. professional carpenter/ bricklayer/ plumber / electrician etc.)
[Back to Summary] [Apply for this opportunity]