Opportunity Code: VH101-10003
Closing Date to Apply: -
Purpose: This role will assist with the delivery of the Oral History project, which is part of the Church Street Revival Scheme. Following a half-day session, you will take a key part in the delivery of the Oral History Project. The aim of the project is to record people’s memories of the Church Street Conservation Area prior to the major redevelopments which saw the shopping centre relocate to Middleton Grange.
• You will work with another trained volunteer to
undertake recorded interviews with participants who
have volunteered to have to have their memories
recorded as part of the project.
• You will need to liaise with other volunteers to
arrange times and locations to undertake the
• Optional: transcriptions of the conversations recorded.
Time needed from Volunteer:
This will be dependant on participants availability.
Skills Experience & Qualifications:
HBC will provide a half-day training session to ensure that volunteers are fully aware of legal requirements associated with data recording.
The role requires the following:
• Ability to explain the purpose of the project to those
taking part (being recorded)
• Ability to listen constructively and ask appropriate
questions to facilitate the recording of conversations.
• Accurate time keeping skills.
• Good organisational skills.
[Back to Summary] [Apply for this opportunity]