Opportunity Code: VH104-10173
Closing Date to Apply: -
Purpose: As a volunteer Cooking Project Leader you’ll induct volunteers into the kitchen, facilitate the team, create recipe ideas, and lead on the preparation and cooking of the meal. Your team of volunteers will prep the food, cook the meal and plate up the food- all under your guidance!
Organisation also looking for Cooking Team Members
You will be responsible for:
• Running cooking sessions, leading a team of volunteers to
create a three-course meal in a limited timeframe.
• Ensuring the team are following the food safety procedures
set out in our kitchen handbook.
• Inducting new volunteers into the kitchen.
• Encouraging the whole team to have input into planning a
tasty, healthy, and nutritionally balanced menu.
• Communicating with other Cooking Project Leaders and your
Project’s Surplus Food Coordinator(s) to ensure the store
of dry/tinned goods is kept tidy and well stocked.
• Completing the weekly checklist in the kitchen handbook,
and the weekly session report via the Project Leader
• Reporting any accidents and incidents.
• Together with the Hosting Leader, recognising, responding
to, and reporting any safeguarding issues or concerns.
Attend regular project leader meetings to discuss as a team how things are going.
Lead a minimum of one session per month (sessions take place weekly on Monday evenings).
Follow all policies and procedures.
Time needed from Volunteer:
The suggested minimum time commitment for the hosting project leader role is 8 hours a month.
Organisation hopes that project leaders stay with us for a minimum of 6 months, to enable them to get the most out of the role.
Skills Experience & Qualifications:
Shadowing, Online Training and Introductions Provided by organisation.
Additional training to be provided if needed;
Level 2 Food Hygiene
Other optional training incl. Nutrition, Conflict Management.
Note: you must not be barred from working with children and adults who may be vulnerable and at risk of abuse or neglect.
Must be 18+
Out of Pocket expenses paid in line with organisations volunteer policy.
[Back to Summary] [Apply for this opportunity]