Opportunity Code: GEN10010
Closing Date to Apply: -
Purpose: To assist the Activity Centre Team Leader and Sessional Staff to support the delivery of Youth Activity Sessions including:
•Assist with setting up of rooms
• Assist with planning and implementation of session activities
• Assist with outdoor and external activities and visits
• Assist with building positive relationships with young people
• Assist with dealing with challenging behaviour
• Assist with guidance of young people to make positive changes in their lives
• To facilitate the smooth and effective running of Youth Activities carried out by Headland Future.
• To provide additional support for the Activity Centre Team Leader and Sessional Staff.
• To work alongside the Activity Centre Team Leader and Sessional Staff in a variety of activities and settings to support young people.
• To assist the Team Leader and Sessional Staff in the smooth running of sessional activies.
• To assist the Team Leader and Sessional Staff in delivery of outdoor and external activities and visits.
• To assist the Team Leader and Sessional Staff in working with young people to achieve goals and aspirations.
• Assist with craft activities where additional support will ensure effective engagement with young people.
• Assist young people with use of media suite including ICT, computer games etc.
• Assist and engage with young people in games room activities including pool, darts etc.
• Assist with external activities including outdoor visits and events (including overnight stays).
• To refer difficulties to Activity Centre Team Leader.
Time needed from Volunteer:
To be arranged on commencement of volunteering.
Skills Experience & Qualifications:
Volunteers come from all walks of life and no specific qualifications are required. The Changing Futures NE Abbey Street Youth Project aims to recruit people with potential as well as those with relevant experience and qualifications. Volunteers must be aged 21 or older.
•Have the time, enthusiasm and demonstrate willingness to fulfil the volunteer commitment.
• Can relate to children and young people.
• Show commitment to young people who may be facing various challenges.
• Have the ability to accept young people as they are.
• Are open to learning and show commitment to self-development.
• Are able to provide two satisfactory references and comply with police check requirements.
[Back to Summary] [Apply for this opportunity]