Opportunity Code: VH104-10001
Closing Date to Apply: -
Purpose: To maintain the appearance, upkeep and general maintenance of the grass,car park and patio surrounding the front and side of the building.
General gardening duties, such as:
• Care and maintenance of the grass, including grass cutting, weeding and collection of leaves.
• General care of the patio and carpark including weeding.
• Clearance of pathways and external staircase.
• Any such duties, within reason, that will enhance the grass, carpark, patio and pathways at the Community Centre.
General maintenance of the Community Centre, such as:
• Minor repairs.
• Minor painting.
• Checking and changing light bulbs.
• Minor tasks which will be identified from time to time to maintain the standard of the Community Centre environment.
You will also be required to:
• Inform the Project Support Worker of any stock or equipment requirements to carry out tasks.
• Adhere to all organisations policies and procedures.
• Adhere to all health & safety regulation (induction training will be provided).
• Comply with all reasonable additional requirements of the Project Support Worker and the Centre Manager.
Time needed from Volunteer:
Hours will be variable and negotiable, although we would expect you to commit to a minimum of 2 hours per week.
Skills Experience & Qualifications:
• Be reliable and honest
• Have a friendly and flexible attitude
• Be well organised
• Be approachable
• Have good communication skills
What support will I be given?
The Project Support Worker and other team members will be on hand to offer advice and support to you in the role.
All reasonable out of pocket expenses will be paid.
What benefits can I expect?
• The opportunity to develop new and existing skills.
• The chance to be at the heart of your local community, meet new people and be part of an enthusiastic team
Information relating to Organisationsrespective members of staff, clients or other visitors to the Community Centre must be treated in the strictest confidence and discussed only with the Project Support Worker or the Centre Manager.
This role is purely voluntary and is not a legally binding contract.
Equal Opportunities Statement
We acknowledge the unique contribution that all volunteers can bring to the work of the Organisation in terms of their culture, race, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, nationality, age, religion or belief and any physical disability or history of mental health or additional problems.
All appointments are based on merit and no volunteer will be treated unfairly or discriminated against.
[Back to Summary] [Apply for this opportunity]