Opportunity Code: VH104-10004
Closing Date to Apply: -
Purpose: Raise awareness of the importance of first aid training through engagement with targeted communities (e.g. carers, young parents, homeless groups).
• Provide information on to local community groups and associations through talks and demonstrations.
• Record activities as a community advocate so that organisation can measure its charitable output.
• Distributing promotional materials at events to spread the word about our work.
• Building community engagement by representing the organisation at community events and offering information on how other people can get involved with supporting us.
• Potential face to face contact supporting older and/or young people in your community.
• Supporting our campaigns like Big First Aid Lesson.
• Potentially be involved in delivery of first aid to the public.
• Perform any other duties commensurate with these responsibilities, the management level of the post and skills and qualifications of the post-holder.
Time needed from Volunteer:
The commitment is as much or as little as you want and can be discussed further if you are interested in the opportunity.
Skills Experience & Qualifications:
• Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a variety of people.
• Engaging and can provide a quality learning experience and prepared to demonstrate to a wide variety of members of the public, including young people.
• Prepared to keep their subject knowledge up-to-date
• Physically fit enough to meet the requirements of the role.
• Willing to undergo relevant training for this role.
[Back to Summary] [Apply for this opportunity]