Volunteering is an individual experience and everyone has a different reason for getting involved.
If you’ve already started to think about volunteering, you may have an idea of the benefits you could gain; however, volunteering has a number of additional benefits you may not have considered:
- Relevant hands-on experience
- Improve confidence and self esteem
- Improve your CV and gain up to date references
- Learning new, or improving existing skills
- Achieving a qualification
- Meeting new people and being involved in your local community
- Enjoying yourself – above all volunteering should be fun.
Volunteering is also known to open up new doors and help to take you in directions you’ve never considered before – you never know where your experience could take you.